Reasons to Remove a Stump
Before you have a Tri-Cities tree removal specialist cut down a tree on your property, you’ll need to decide whether the worker will want to remove the stump as well. If you’re having a hard time making this call, consider these factors when deciding.
- Stumps are ugly. Aesthetically speaking, the looks of a stump aren’t appealing. If you’re meticulous about your yard, removing the stump is a no brainer.
- Stumps aren’t safe. Stumps can be dangerous to your kids and family. When playing in your yard, they may see the stump and trip over it. And if a neighbor trips, it’s a liability that falls into your hands. In addition, tree stumps can damage your mower if you accidentally hit one when you’re mowing your lawn.
- Stumps will cause new tree growth. Sometimes leaving the stump behind leads to new sprouts, which will result in many small trees growing around the same old stump. This will cause an eye sore and could be costly to try to remove because the new off shoots will keep coming back, and you may need chemicals to kill them off completely. These small trees will also consume nutrients from other plants located near them, so your begonias may not receive all the nutrients they need.
- Stumps are a pain to work around. Remaining tree stumps become a nuisance, an obstacle you have to maneuver around when weeding or mowing your lawn.
- Stumps attract bugs and pests. When leaving stumps in your lawn, the decaying tree takes a long time to rot away completely. While it’s decaying, the stump attracts beetles, termites, ants and other wood-boring pests. You may not mind them in your yard, but they can eventually spread to your home.
- Stumps take up yard space. Especially if you don’t have a very large yard, the space you lose from the stump and roots may occupy a lot of space. Just think: You can use that space for a flowerbed or a picnic table.
Typically, you’ll spend extra money to grind down the stumps, but it just might be well worth it.
Using Top Tree LLC
Top Tree LLC is your best choice for any tree stump removal needs in Benton City. All of our technicians are highly trained and properly certified. We are happy to answer any questions you have now or in the future.