As a homeowner, your list of “todos” for you home seem never ending. Well, here is another one you will want to make sure you pay attention to. This is a winter checklist for the trees on your property.
If you take a little time each month to knock out these items, you will increase the life of your trees, reduce possible home damage, and keep your home’s value a little higher than if you don’t. Not to mention, your neighbors will probably appreciate you a little more.
Here is what is upcoming for your winter tree maintenance:
- Inspect trees for insects and disease.
- Inspect trees for signs of mechanical and animal damage. Use tree shelters if needed.
- Control weed growth.
- Water every week that there is less than an inch of rain.
- Fertilize if needed.
- Inspect for signs of mechanical and animal damage. Use shelters if needed.
- Install sun/winter crack protectors (tree shelter, cardboard, double layer of tree wrap) on trees with thin bark.
November through March
- Winter pruning for crossing or dead branches.
Now, if you do not feel comfortable or simply don’t have the proper tools to do any tree maintenance, we are more than happy to do any of this work for you. Also, if you have multiple trees to remove or just don’t have the time to do it, we are here for you. We can handle all of your tree maintenance needs and services in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Richland, Pasco) and even West Richland. We look forward to being your preferred tree maintenance provider.